Today I was craving a new dish, something I don’t normally make for the hubby and I, so I took a look around the pantry and the fridge, and based on what we had, this is what I came up with. Lemon herb coconut cream chicken and summer veggies on the side! This dish is SO delicious and special diet friendly as always.
Lemon Herb Coconut Cream Chicken
-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
-1 yellow onion
-1 can coconut milk
-1 tsp dried parsley
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp dried thyme
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl of cold water and 1 tsp salt for an hour to brine. This will help the flavor of the dish!
- In a nonstick skillet, add onion, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle olive oil and cook on medium heat until onion is starting to brown.
- Add brined chicken breasts face down in the skillet. Add a little oil if necessary. Cook chicken breasts for 7 minutes, or until the internal temp is 165. Flip halfway through.
- Take chicken out and set on a plate, leave the onion and herb mix in the skillet. Place skillet back on medium heat, add all the cream and 1/3 of the liquid from a can of coconut milk, and the juice of 1 lemon. Bring mixture to a boil, while stirring with a wooden spoon. (Scrape the bottom of the skillet while stirring to get all the flavor!)
- Once the mixture is brought to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken breasts back in the pan and let the sauce simmer with the chicken for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the sauce and chicken into a ramekin and garnish with extra herbs and lemon slices.
I served my chicken with sauteed green beans, local yellow squash, and some quinoa.
Let me know how yall enjoy this recipe!